Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Typology Reflection


I am an INFJ (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging). The Jung Typology test says I have introverted intuition, extraverted feeling, introverted thinking, and extraverted sensing. For the most part I agree with my test results. As a writer and a student, I think I have a hard time getting my points across. The test backs me up by stating “the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings.” I’m like that in life as well. It also says that I am more likely to “gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences.” This may explain the three graphic design courses in the fall semester here. But, it’s not an exact description. One sentence says “Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills.” Yet, I failed English 101 my freshman year. Here’s another one. “INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication.” Yet, I stutter when I talk half the time. This test probably doesn’t help me write better stuff in college, but it does help give insight into my possible abilities later on in life. It gives hope more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment